- 2011-12-16 - Rental Cap Questioned by Housing Providers (Toronto Star) The province of Ontario is looking at a new way to handle annual rent increases, but a group representing rental property owners says it has concerns they were not consulted and the policy could hurt their ability to maintain their buildings.
- 2011-12-13 - Average Rental Vacancy Rate in Ontario 2.2% Rents drop in real terms; Overall apartment availability=3.8%
- 2011-12-06 - Proposed Rent Control Change is Bad Public Policy Ontario’s landlords are voicing disappointment at the Ontario government’s decision to introduce legislation to unilaterally change the way rents are calculated and ignore the actual inflationary cost pressures those landlords face.
- Achievement Awards Program - FRPO MAC Awards
- Appliance Discount Replacement Program
- Building Maintenance Discount Programs
- Credit Reports and Rental History for Housing Providers
- FE Magazine and Bulletins
- Free Legal Information
- Insurance Discount Programs
- Legal and Business Forms
- Membership Directory
- Natural Gas Program
FRPO's Customer Service Accessibility Policy
The Federation of Rental-housing Providers of Ontario (FRPO) is committed to serving all its members and customers in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
FRPO’s policy is that all people, including people with disabilities, have access to the goods and services provided by FRPO, including those provided to members through third party service contractors on behalf of FRPO.
FRPO will use reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the following principles:
- Goods and services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- Persons with disabilities are given an opportunity equal to that of persons without disabilities to obtain, use or benefit from the Association's goods and services.
Provision of Goods and Services
Assistive Devices - A person with a disability may provide their own assistive device for the purpose of obtaining, using or benefitting from FRPO’s goods and services, unless said device may pose a risk to the health and safety of themselves or others, in which case FRPO may offer a person with a disability other reasonable measures to assist him or her in obtaining, using or benefitting from goods and services, where such other measures are available.
Service Animals – FRPO welcomes the use of service animals by people with disabilities who are accessing services, programs, seminars or events, unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law.
Support Persons - Where a customer with a disability is accompanied by a support person, FRPO will permit both persons to enter the premises together and ensure that the person with a disability has access to the support person while on the premises. The support person can be a paid support worker, volunteer, a friend or a family member.
- Admission Fees & Event Registration Fees: FRPO reserves the right to charge an admission fee in connection to a support person's attendance at an event or function. FRPO will provide notice in advance of the admission cost for support persons so that customers with disabilities know what to expect.
Communications – FRPO will communicate with disabled persons in a manner that respects the person's dignity and independence. FRPO will consider how a disability affects the way that a customer expresses, receives or processes communications. Where reasonable options exist, FRPO may use any communication method that takes into account the person’s disability in a particular situation.
Service Disruption/Notice of Service Disruption - Temporary disruptions in FRPO’s services and facilities, and those of third party contractors providing a service on behalf of FRPO, may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within FRPO’s control or knowledge. The FRPO will make every effort to provide notice of such disruptions to members and customers.
Feedback - Feedback from members and customers on how FRPO is meeting the needs of those with disabilities is welcome. Feedback about FRPO’s delivery of goods and services to persons with disabilities may be given by telephone, in person, in writing, or in electronic format. Feedback regarding accessibility of goods and services for the disabled will be answered and documented.
Training - FRPO will ensure that all employees receive appropriate training on customer service requirements in regard to people with disabilities. The format of training will vary based on individual circumstances.
Third party contractors who deliver goods and services on behalf of FRPO are also required to ensure that they meet legislative requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and that they have read, understood, and acknowledged FRPO’s Accessibility Policy.
RENTAL HOUSING INDUSTRY