- Canada’s Largest Multi-Unit Food Drive on April 8th Rental housing owners, managers and residents will start collecting 500,000 lbs of food for the 2014 Spring H.O.P.E. (Housing Owners & People Everywhere) food drive on Tuesday, April 8, 2014.
- FRPO Announces New President and CEO FRPO has officially named Scott Andison as its new President and Chief Executive Officer.
- KPMG Study: Ontario's Apartment Industry Contributes $18.3 billion to the Economy Ontario’s rental housing industry contributed over $18.3 billion to the province’s GDP in 2012, while supporting 147,000 full-time jobs and generating $7 billion in tax revenues to governments, according to a new KPMG report released by FRPO.
Some of our benefits include
- Free Legal Information
- Credit Check Discounts
- Appliance Discount Replacement Program
- Forms and Leases
- April 10 - December 10
- Residential Tenancies Act Refresher Seminar - Toronto
- April 24
- Residential Tenancies Act Refresher Seminar - London
- April 29
Demolition and Conversion of Rental Housing Properties
Out With the Old, In With the New: Considerations when replacing rental housing units with new condominium developments
By: Eric C. Laxton, BA, JD
As apartment buildings age, the cost to repair and maintain becomes greater. Allowing demolition and conversion of old rental buildings can revitalize aging neighbourhoods, and often has positive economic effects as well as improvements in quality of life for residents.
Municipal Control Over Residential Rental Properties
By: Tom Halinski & Aaron Collins
This paper argues that restrictions on conversion and demolition of rental housing actually constitutes a significant deterrent to investment in rental housing, and in addition fail to acknowledge the cost-benefit analysis of whether capital investment in a building which has reached the end of its life-cycle makes sense.
Conversions And Demolitions Policies in Ontario: Myths and Realities
This paper attempts to address the myths and false premises that are used to support inappropriate regulation in the area of conversions and demolitions.
Municipal Conversions & Demolitions Policies: Misinformed and Counterproductive
FRPO Press Release
Conversion of ownership housing into rental far outweigh any losses from conversions out of rental or demolitions of rental.
Landlords as Economic Prisoners of War
By: W.T. Stanbury (University of British Columbia) & J.T. Todd (Econalysis Consulting)
This paper chronicles and explains attempts in Ontario to control the demolition and conversion of rental buildings.
THE VOICE OF ONTARIO’S
RENTAL HOUSING INDUSTRY
RENTAL HOUSING INDUSTRY