- Melchior Management Launches Certified Rental Building Program in Barrie, Ontario FRPO launched its first Certified Rental Building in Barrie, Ontario, at Melchior Management’s Barrie Anne Gardens apartment community (259 Dunlop Street West), providing more tenants with peace of mind when they are choosing an apartment.
- New program encourages tenants & landlords to work together for lower eco-footprint The Minto Group has become the first rental property manager in Ontario to officially promote environmental responsibility through the introduction of a new provincial initiative Friday called the Environmental Operating Standards, part of FRPO's Certified Rental Building (CRB) Program.
- FRPO Report: Apartment licensing is not the answer A report commissioned by FRPO and written by municipal government expert Michael Fenn finds that apartment licensing is not the best solution to any of the major ills it aims to resolve.
Some of our benefits include
- Free Legal Information
- Credit Check Discounts
- Appliance Discount Replacement Program
- Forms and Leases
- PM Expo
- December 4 - 6
- Avoiding Property Management Pitfalls Half Day Seminar
- January 9
- CMHC Rental Survey Breakfast
- January 23
Renting vs. Owning
Renting Your First Home in Canada
By: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
This guide makes it easier for immigrants to find & rent an apartment in Canada. For most newcomers, your first home will likely be a rented house or apartment. Renting a home provides a safe place where you can begin to adjust to your new life in Canada. It can also give you time to look for a home to buy without feeling pressured into making a quick decision.
Home Not-So-Sweet Home
Today, the percentage of American families owning their own homes is no higher than it was six years ago, and it’s a good bet that by the time Mr. Bush leaves the White House homeownership will be lower than it was when he moved in.
Payback: Wall Street Journal Article
HOLMAN W. JENKINS, JR.
Bailout has been a busy word in the last two weeks. But lending so solvent institutions won't go under for lack of short-term liquidity is very different than bailing out insolvent institutions from their bad decisions.
Rising Ownership Costs Favour Renters
Steadily rising home prices and the recent upward drift in mortgage rates is tilting the economics of housing back in favour of renting over home ownership.
Achieving The American Dream?
Carolina Katz Reid
This paper summarizes my dissertation research in an effort to make the findings easily accessible and to promote discussion about low-income homeownership.
American dream of home ownership turns sour for many low-income
The American dream of buying and owning a home all too frequently doesn't have a happy ending for many lowincome families. Despite federal government policies encouraging home ownership among minority and lowincome families, more than half of them left their houses and returned to renting within five years, according to a new study by a University of Washington researcher.
Harvard State Of The Nation's Housing 2001
Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University
Booming homeownership and escalating rents brought renter household growth to a virtual standstill in the second half of the 1990s. Nevertheless, rental vacancy rates held firm and rents rose faster than inflation as losses from the existing stock and low levels of multifamily construction kept markets in balance.
THE VOICE OF ONTARIO’S
RENTAL HOUSING INDUSTRY
RENTAL HOUSING INDUSTRY